Hello guys, I just both the Onion theme witch is really awesome, but I have ran into trouble trying to make it look like the demo. 1) I was not able to install the child theme, trough WP so I did through FTP and my host go-daddy and still not able to run it. 2) I cannot find a way to hover over the homepage post and get the image/ text switch 3) When I go to Onion Options / demo importer, and click to install the demos, nothing happens. Thank you for the great theme and for your help. Grisel my wp login is: http://www.griselgallardo.com User: help Password: thankyou
Shindiri Support teamAdministrator
We are currently out of the office until January the 11th, we are working with a slower pace because of our Holidays, we will be back in the office in no time.
Restrain from posting log in data to this forum ,everything is public and can be viewed from all the users on the forum.
We will send you a FIX for the DEMO, but for the other issues you have to be patient we will take a look as soon as we are back in the office.
- Demo Installation Guide (Advanced)
If you did experience any problem via the “default” installation of Demo installation for Onion, which are related via the Import function for WordPress,
you are most definitely having server issues for importing big pictures and are facing a timeout error, which is resulting in a failing installation.
This is why we have prepared an “advanced” installation guide for you, to be able to help you get through the process of installing the Demo content for Onion.
You first need to download one of the Demo files for Onion which you want to install:
Link to download: https://app.box.com/s/piiv231tvbgoz2dikzkxshf9l9xv81bt
After the successful download you need to follow these instructions:
1. Verify that you are running a clean and latest installation of WordPress (4.3)
2. You have installed Onion template (Version 1.2 or higher )
3. You have installed all the plugins: Onion Visual Composer Shortcodes, Revolution Slider and WPBakery Visual Composer
4. Extract archive uploads.zip and copy that content into your wp-content/uploads folder (Make sure you don't have two "uploads" folders, one inside another)
5. Drop all tables from your database except wp_options, wp_users and wp_usermeta and import onion-demo(#).sql file into your database. The # represents the version which you have chosen.
6. Upload file searchreplacedb2. into your root folder (where is wp-config.php) and from your browser type: http://(your-domain.com)/searchreplacedb2.php
7. Go through the steps until step 4 "What to replace?" and replace "http://onion" with "http://(your-domain.com)" (Don't write "" signs!)
Hey Thank You for your instructional message. Last night I was able to make the demos work by wiping clean my word-press via FTP and reinstalling only the onion theme. It worked!! I still have those other situations that i would need your help:
1.- On the demo 2 and 4 the portfolio ones that you are responsive images that display a text when you hover on top. I go in to the pages ans try to use visual composer to edit and add my work, but its not letting me alter any of the content of this page. I want to be able to add my work and for it to display as the demo does by responsive images that when hoovering on top display a description. I want to be able to create a pages just like this one: http://griselgallardo.com/industrial-design/ but with my content.
2.- Another issue I'm having is for example erasing elements when working inside visual composer using waste basket. Like for example: I wanted to erase the "who we are" that was for default and replace it with mine. I was never able to erase it until I did via html. I now added an element "onion our team" and ended up being full page size and now that i try to erase it, There is no way to do it. Even after pressing multiple times the wast basket. I'll leave it there so you can go to my page and see what I'm talking about when you scroll down frontpage. www.griselgallardo.com I guess if I could make the element "onion our team" smaller it would fix the size problem. But I cannot edit columns size or erase element via visual composer tools.